- Sonic Mania is out
- Valve's new (card) game
- Game Grumps TV show
- Switch exclusive state of affairs
- NPD numbers
- We Happy Few's troubling story
- Feel like buying NES in bulk?
- Nintendo's dubious Splatoon 2 bundle choices
- Crackdown 3 delayed
- More emails!
- How Caleb doxxes Notch and Ben gets a fish
- Mario/Rabbids crossover confirmed; Everyone still doesn't care about Rabbids
- Nintendo only charging $20/year for their online service
- We laugh about historically bad gaming press conferences
- Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 still in development purgatory
- The gang attempts to break into the social eating market; Talks cheese
- Ben decides to watch Sony's E3 2017 conference in a theater full of sweaty nerds
- Second Life polluted with countless sleeping rabbits
- We all get a glimpse of Caleb's daily life.
- We did a (terrible) live stream!
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does well
- New Nintendo 2DS XL
- Ben goes back to being mad about Splatoon 2
- Some thing about the Nintendo PlayStation
- Something happened on the Vivendi/Ubisoft stuff
- Darksiders 3 announced
- Caleb tries to tell us the Switch has made some money
- Animal Crossing speed runs are a thing
- Marvel vs Capcom 'details'
- Overwatch comp buy-ins are pretty ridiculous
- Caleb and waka tell us stories
In celebration of the Switch's launch, join the whole gang as they get together and discuss the history of Nintendo's home consoles peppered with their own experiences throughout the years.
Join the discussion on Twitter or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Ben gets voicemail
- Horizon Zero Dawn reviews
- Konami profits increase by almost 230%
- Breath of the Wild DLC
- Possibility of a 2D Zelda
- Project CARS 2
- E3 opening to the public
- Pokémon Go update
- Erik Wolpaw leaves Valve
- James Franco as Tommy Wiseau
- Stolen Nintendo Switch drama
- Mailbag questions!
- waka, Caleb and Ben talk about what they've been playing
- Ben and waka realise JRPGs just might not be for them
- Oceanhorn 2 and how the team manages to consistently get away with releasing Zelda games (optical illusion and dunkey Paladins video for reference)
- Mario x Rabbids RPG rumor
- Caleb almost literally descends into incoherence forever destroying the possibility of ever recovering normality to the podcast in any stretch of the word's meaning.
- Ben laments the loss (cancelation) of Scalebound
- Some more follow-up on the Switch's region unlocking, user interface, colors, potential demand, among other things
- Dead Rising leaks and the law
- Gabe Newell's AMA
- waka beat The Last Guardian and wants to rant about it (don't worry, no spoilers)
Write to us at email@example.com, and follow us on Twitter!
That's right. We're back.
Ben, Caleb, Joey and waka reunite to kick off and share the excitement for 2017. On this week's episode:
- We take a look back to the start of Hot KoCode 3 years ago;
- Take a deep breath and share an in-depth analysis of the Nintendo Switch event;
- Rekindle our collective excitement for what's to come in 2017, and
- ...remind you all that with our grand return comes our mailbag as well!
NOTE: Due to some technical difficulties (read: incredible stupidity on waka's part), waka's microphone sounds absolutely terrible. Joey's editing has saved this episode as well as made sure that your ears won't bleed, and the worst part is the beginning; but keep it mind that it won't sound the best here and there. We're working hard on improving the way Hot KoCode sounds and making sure it's a stellar audio experience—and we're hoping this week will be the one exception to the rule.
Feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us @HotKoCode. Happy 2017!
We're back once again! Ben, Joey and waka get together one last time before hyping up E3 with the full cast. (i.e. when Caleb stops being a bear) This week we talk about:
- Microsoft's ET excavation success.
- Red Dead Redemption's possible port to Windows.
- The new Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire remakes and their announcement.
- Nintendo's convincing of Mega 64 to do an E3 hype video for them.
- Sony's selling of all Squenix shares.
- Shuhei Yoshida's 'altercations' with Miiverse.
- Oculus Rift's imminent arrival to Chuck E. Cheese, pissing off an entire legion of nerds.
- A ridiculously useless and potentially fake Smash Bros. roster screen leak.
- Plus, some random Nintendo trademark registration discussion, and general 10 year-old nostalgia.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, and write to us at email@example.com!
- Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor announced, Ben is disproportionately hype;
- Borderlands Pre-Sequel is uhhhh we're not sure yet;
- More Wii U smack talk from a pinball game dev;
- Amazon Fire TV is, unfortunately, not a TV made of fire;
- PS4 survey proposes rep system, nobody knows if it'll make it;
- 5 year-old finds backdoor to Xbox Live, gets rewarded with zero lollipops;
- Former Uncharted lead writer joins Visceral games, we all hold our breath for no reason;
- Microsoft's Build conference goes by and Caleb wakes up to find out it's gone already;
- Obligatory Smash Bros. Direct discussion;
- Obligatory Tomodachi Life WTF reaction compilation;
- We also take a look at some e-mails!
Download MP3 here.