In celebration of the Switch's launch, join the whole gang as they get together and discuss the history of Nintendo's home consoles peppered with their own experiences throughout the years.
Join the discussion on Twitter or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Ben gets voicemail
- Horizon Zero Dawn reviews
- Konami profits increase by almost 230%
- Breath of the Wild DLC
- Possibility of a 2D Zelda
- Project CARS 2
- E3 opening to the public
- Pokémon Go update
- Erik Wolpaw leaves Valve
- James Franco as Tommy Wiseau
- Stolen Nintendo Switch drama
- Mailbag questions!
- waka, Caleb and Ben talk about what they've been playing
- Ben and waka realise JRPGs just might not be for them
- Oceanhorn 2 and how the team manages to consistently get away with releasing Zelda games (optical illusion and dunkey Paladins video for reference)
- Mario x Rabbids RPG rumor
- Caleb almost literally descends into incoherence forever destroying the possibility of ever recovering normality to the podcast in any stretch of the word's meaning.
- Ben laments the loss (cancelation) of Scalebound
- Some more follow-up on the Switch's region unlocking, user interface, colors, potential demand, among other things
- Dead Rising leaks and the law
- Gabe Newell's AMA
- waka beat The Last Guardian and wants to rant about it (don't worry, no spoilers)
Write to us at email@example.com, and follow us on Twitter!
That's right. We're back.
Ben, Caleb, Joey and waka reunite to kick off and share the excitement for 2017. On this week's episode:
- We take a look back to the start of Hot KoCode 3 years ago;
- Take a deep breath and share an in-depth analysis of the Nintendo Switch event;
- Rekindle our collective excitement for what's to come in 2017, and
- ...remind you all that with our grand return comes our mailbag as well!
NOTE: Due to some technical difficulties (read: incredible stupidity on waka's part), waka's microphone sounds absolutely terrible. Joey's editing has saved this episode as well as made sure that your ears won't bleed, and the worst part is the beginning; but keep it mind that it won't sound the best here and there. We're working hard on improving the way Hot KoCode sounds and making sure it's a stellar audio experience—and we're hoping this week will be the one exception to the rule.
Feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at us @HotKoCode. Happy 2017!
We're back once again! Ben, Joey and waka get together one last time before hyping up E3 with the full cast. (i.e. when Caleb stops being a bear) This week we talk about:
- Microsoft's ET excavation success.
- Red Dead Redemption's possible port to Windows.
- The new Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire remakes and their announcement.
- Nintendo's convincing of Mega 64 to do an E3 hype video for them.
- Sony's selling of all Squenix shares.
- Shuhei Yoshida's 'altercations' with Miiverse.
- Oculus Rift's imminent arrival to Chuck E. Cheese, pissing off an entire legion of nerds.
- A ridiculously useless and potentially fake Smash Bros. roster screen leak.
- Plus, some random Nintendo trademark registration discussion, and general 10 year-old nostalgia.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, and write to us at email@example.com!
- Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor announced, Ben is disproportionately hype;
- Borderlands Pre-Sequel is uhhhh we're not sure yet;
- More Wii U smack talk from a pinball game dev;
- Amazon Fire TV is, unfortunately, not a TV made of fire;
- PS4 survey proposes rep system, nobody knows if it'll make it;
- 5 year-old finds backdoor to Xbox Live, gets rewarded with zero lollipops;
- Former Uncharted lead writer joins Visceral games, we all hold our breath for no reason;
- Microsoft's Build conference goes by and Caleb wakes up to find out it's gone already;
- Obligatory Smash Bros. Direct discussion;
- Obligatory Tomodachi Life WTF reaction compilation;
- We also take a look at some e-mails!
Download MP3 here.
- Watch Dogs forgets to watch its ability to please everyone.
- Xbox One+Titanfall bundle discounts already
- Guitar Hero DLC coming to a close.
- We go off on a huge Nintendo tangent about release dates and regional differences/locking in games and hardware.
- We also talk about how everyone and their mother wants to do VR now, and Facebook's acquisition of Oculus.
- We also talk funny videos we like.
Aaaand we're back!
- Due to our absence, we started filling in the void by streaming games over at twitch.tv/hotkocodegames - come check us out every once in a while!
- Watch Dogs forgets to watch its graphical fidelity, and the state of console graphics in general.
- The Last of Us is being turned into a movie, and so is Minecraft.
- We also talk about Godzilla because why the hell not I don't even
- Waluigi not a character in Smash Bros once again. Miiverse cries.
- Nintendo's probably-not-so-controversial Wi-Fi Connection shutdown.
- Jack Tretton steps down as SCEA president.
- Ax from the forums is making teh gaem!
- We read some e-mail.
Follow us on Twitter, and send us all your e-mail to HotKoCode at yahoo dot com!
- Fresh to deaf: Resident Evil composer is a fake, in several contexts.
- More Nintendo talk.
- The rise and deterioration of the Flappy Bird phenomenon.
- Candy Crush and its trademark Saga, with a dramatic plot twist.
- PS2 games are still a thing.
- Sonic goes Boom.
- Steve Wozniak and his love for Android.
- Twitch plays Pokémon!
- We answer our second mailbag question!
- Winamp is actually alive again. Hooray!(?)
- We reminisce about our old (2008) podcasting days from back in the day.
- Steam Controller's current iteration.
- More Valve stuff, including the state of Greenlight, Valve's VR UI experiment, and the alleged Source 2.0 leak.
- Our long, heartfelt, highly unstructured debate on the state of Nintendo.
- Yet another Smash Bros. character rumor/leak.
- Namco Bandai Namco.
- The alleged Amazon console.
- We (kinda) answer our first mailbag question and talk about our favorite games of 2013!
- Turntable.fm and Winamp shutting down.
- CES stuff, such as:
- The obligatory Michael Bay gaffe;
- Steam Machines and their controller.
- Rants about Nintendo, including:
- Guile's and Punch-Out!! themes in hockey.
- Some obligatory Smash Bros. discussion (including Sakurai's potential perpetual retirement from the series).
- 50 Cent and his sudden engagement with the "incomplete" Minecraft.
- Criterion, its departing co-founders, and the state of Burnout.
- DRM in games, and whether or not game launchers are becoming ridiculous.
- Region-locking and waka's strong, uninformed opinion against it.
- Nvidia's Tegra K1 GPU for phones.
- Smart watches, earpieces and other smart things that are trying to monitor every waking (or sleeping!) aspect of your life.
- Science Time with Caleb - This episode's topic: Cordyceps.
- ...featuring waka's spontaneous interruption on The Last of Us and how he hates stealth so much.
- What we've been playing during these first few weeks of 2014.
- Also featuring an emotional moment where we thank you guys for all the support so far.
Welcome to Hot KoCode by the Fire. On our first episode, our uninformed opinions and rants include topics related to:
- Next-gen launches and their respective successes and failures.
- Gearbox Software and their passion for making games such as Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- Kickstarter and why it shouldn't suck.
- The Ouya, accompanied by Rocco and his videos about it.
- LOTS of Google discussion, including Google+ and why we think it might be a social network... subtraction. (Hah)
- General Google rants, including the Reader shutdown soliloquy brought to you by waka.
- Google Glass, and mobile device privacy concerns.
- Microsoft, their priorities, and downright-hilarious policy 180s.
- Windows 8 and the Surface.
- Rareware and Microsoft's apparently careless management.
- Our GOTY thoughts and disappointments, including BioShock Infinite and Warframe.
- Bitcoins! Including a very abstract and possibly downright wrong description of how bitcoin mining works.
- Valve and what the hell they might be up to, or not, as the case may be - including Half Life 3 and its potential for Duke-Nuking itself.
- Nintendo Directs, and the future of E3 spectacle-announcements.
- The Spike VGAs, and the relevance of awards as well as a 'game of the year'.
- Our expectations for 2014.
- Caleb's birthday!
Download MP3 here.